Thursday, May 20, 2004

Mobile phone phenomenon

I think that mobile phone is the biggest phenomenon of the last decade. Well, I perfectly know that mobile phone is a thing of TWO last decades, but last decade it emerged into a real phenomenon.

It's just amazing that soon after people started to use mobile phones, they can't imagine their lives without them. People wonder how they managed to meet, date and do business without being constantly on-line. For most mobile phone users, being out of coverage is a disaster and having empty phone battery is one of the silliest things ever.

Mobile phones are changing our life, and it seems that 100% penetration is inevitable. I wonder will mobile phones ever get implanted in human body? Obviously, in some decades number of people using mobile phones will be greater than number of literate people. Voice dialing and showing a picture of caller with a personal ringtone is reality nowadays. Adapting a phonebook to needs of illiterate person would not be a difficult task at all. Maybe there already are developments of this kind?

The one thing that amazes me at the moment is a huge popularity of phones with built-in cameras. Today we have a lousy quality of pictures made by these cameras, but still camera phones are sold in millions, and mostly because of the camera. I understand that all these people pay off the development of technology, but I do not see any reason in purchasing a camera phone now. I prefer to keep apples separately from oranges and I picture with a real camera with a real optics and I speak with real phone which has no useless features...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kadri said...

I totally agree with you.
And would like to add, that the mobile phone is not only for getting contact but also for being available. I turn off my mobile often, I just don't want to be disturbed. And when I am back in "civilisation" again I get many furious questions:"Why, the hell, you bought yourself a mobile, you are impossible to reach!?"
So why?

May 23, 2004 at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home